Sam's place

Friday, August 04, 2006

We're havin a heat wave...

What do you get when you walk a mile in 108 degree weather?

You get two shirts that you have to wring water out of. Which I literally have had to do for the last three days at work after walking a patrol. Step into the mens room, wring the sweat out, and run the shirts under the faucet to cool them down.

I had a couple of the workers give me funny looks, but they quickly faded when I put my tee-shirt back on and "Ahhh...ed" from it being comfy-cool. I may have started something.

The really funny part is when I am standing in front of the smaller of our two fans, trying to dry the shirts enough I don't go nuts from wearing wet clothes.

3 Comments:

At 1:00 PM, Blogger Boulder Dude said...

Sooo....

Glad I live here where at least the temp drops after the sun goes down

 
At 8:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

And the humidity, don't forget about that.... I think our record for the summer was 2 days ago. The forecast was for 102 degrees... I don't know if it actually made it to 102 but DAMN! was it hot!

And it doesn't cool off at night here, either... I think today was the first in over a week where the humidity didn't suck the life out of you as soon as you walked out your front door. *sigh* Maybe I should move to Colorado...

 
At 12:17 PM, Blogger Sam said...

The 108 degrees was the heat index number. it was -only- 98@ with 94% humidity. Not sure how they figure out the index thing, but it was damn uncomfortable.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home