Sam's place

Sunday, June 18, 2006

updated update

Things are going along well. I've dropped another 12 pounds since the last update. I know that doesn't sound like much, but these are the pounds that have gone away and are staying away. After looking around some sites, and chatting with my Dr. on the phone, I have discoverd that a person loses a couple of pounds every day, just from normal activity, and water loss, due to sweating and other body functions. Those 'lost pounds' return during sleep. Sounds weird, but there you go. What I've lost is gone due to my body burning the fat, and other medical jargon I can't pronounce, let alone try to spell.

The last 3 days before my vacation started, I walked the 1.2 mile round at work, and did another half mile or so, just walking from and to my van at shift start and end.
I have continued walking around the neighborhood and am going to be visiting a cousin several times as they have a nice hiking trail in their complex and a pool I can swim in to my hearts content.

Another bit of nice info. My Dr. had my get a blood test for my white bloodcell count, concerning my leg. My result was a 9. I have been informed that this is a good number as it means that the infection in my system has been dealt with. Apparently anything over a 12 is mild infection, and a 17 or higher is a hospital visit.

I must be getting over my thing about needles, as I didn't ever notice the nurse had poked me this last time. Either that, or they are getting real good at distracting people these days.

4 Comments:

At 11:34 PM, Blogger Ann Aguirre said...

Yay Sammy!

 
At 6:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Way to go Sam! Really glad to hear the infection's taken care of, and grats on 12 more pounds gone... Keep up the good work, I know you can do it!

 
At 8:19 PM, Blogger Boulder Dude said...

Huzzah! :D

 
At 10:04 PM, Blogger Ladienyte said...

Great work Sammy! That's wonderful!! I'm also glad to hear that you're feeling better. Good stuff all around! :D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home