Sam's place

Monday, May 22, 2006

Update...

So, I just got back from seeing the doctor again. The leg is much better, but she gave me another 10 days worth of clindamycin, (a fairly strong anti-biotic.) to make sure any infection is made kaput.

Good new side..I have lost 11 pounds in two weeks, and the only real change in my diet at this point has been that instead of eating largish meals only twice a day, I am eating smaller amounts, 3 or 4 times per day. And I cut out the snack/junk food for the most part. Haven't quit the snacks altogether, but I get popcorn or pretzels if I get anything, since they are less unhealthy than chips.

Next part on the agenda to a smaller me, will be me doing longer patrols at work. If I do the 'long' one, it will be around a 1.2 mile jaunt. I figure that once every other day for a couple weeks will build up the endurance to do more, more often.

8 Comments:

At 10:25 PM, Blogger Sean said...

Go Sam!

So glad to hear it!

Keep it up!

Er, down!

--Sean

 
At 11:57 PM, Blogger ***Dave said...

Indeed!

Anything baked is going to be generally healthier than anything fried (which chips basically are). I go with Goldfish, myself.

The other biggest calorie sink I cut out of my life was sugared drinks. Diet sodas are an acquired taste, but some are halfway decent (Coke Zero, for one), and it's a huge number of calories that can be saved, if you're a regular soda drinker.

 
At 8:36 AM, Blogger Boulder Dude said...

Woot!

So glad to hear it on the whole smaller you.

Goldfish are good as are the Ricepuff things.

Bonus is that Coke Zero almost tastes like Coke did before they went from sugar to corn syrup.

 
At 11:59 AM, Blogger Ann Aguirre said...

Yay Sammy! I know you can do it. :)

 
At 1:58 PM, Blogger ktbuffy said...

I feel like I have piles of info on weight loss, since I've been on more than my fair share of diets, and have been unable to switch from Coke to Diet Coke, even knowing that it wasn't good for me. What I do find is that half the time, when I want something to drink, I go for water or juice instead of soda (or my real nemesis, ice tea), and that helps!

 
At 2:19 PM, Blogger Jackie said...

Excellent news. Way to go.

 
At 7:32 AM, Blogger Mark Means said...

A couple of nice tips in the battle of the bulge:

1). Ice water....lots of it.

2). Eat 6-8 small meals instead of 3 large ones. It helps to rev up the metabolism.

Best of luck to you!

 
At 12:01 PM, Blogger Sam said...

Thanks Mark. I appreciate the suggestions.

I have a 64 oz. Mug that I have been taking to work. I fill it with ice and water and drink til it's empty. Some days I re-fill and do it again. That's not counting the glass or two I have at home.

I haven't made it up to 8 meals, but I do have 5 or 6 small ones. Maybe a sandwich or an apple or banana. I still do a reasonable size dinner though. 1 plate, regardless of how tempting it is to have a second helping.

I may however, buy stock in sugar-free gum. I chew more gum now, than when I quit smoking two years ago.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home