Sam's place

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Time to get smart...

Right leg feels like an impacted tooth, most of the time. Swollen, red, 'touchy'. If I stand up to quickly, I have to catch myself to keep from dropping to the floor in pain.

Doctor has me on various meds, to help reduce the amount of water the leg is retaining. So, I take 7 different pills a day, and am supposed to drink at least 64 ounces of water, daily. More if/when possible. The more H20 coming in, the more H20 going out, like emptying a waterbed.

I managed to make myself stop smoking 2 years ago. My next goal is to make myself be half the man I am right now. If....no, WHEN I lose one half my current body weight, I'll be just inside the supposed, "weigh this much for this height" scale DR's. use.

I'm not gonna keep a running tally here, as that would end up upsetting me, when I hit one of those stalls one hits while losing weight. I will say this. When I get done, I should weight in at #220, or so.

Wish me luck folks, this is gonna take a while.

8 Comments:

At 9:07 AM, Blogger Boulder Dude said...

Luck! :D

I still am confused as to what you did to you leg.

 
At 1:15 PM, Blogger Ann Aguirre said...

Good luck, Sammy! I know you can do anything you set your mind to achieve. :)

 
At 2:18 PM, Blogger Boulder Dude said...

Also...

Both Dave and Doyce have had great luck with the Geek Diet.

I am sure that it is in the Archives somewhere on Dave's blog.

 
At 7:33 PM, Blogger Jackie said...

Well it was more the aware and geek diet but I digress. Best of luck to you. You will have to at least update us on your progress so we can cheer you on!

 
At 10:43 PM, Blogger Sam said...

I still am confused as to what you did to you leg.

I have Cellulitis in both legs. The left one has had it for a couple of years. No problem as it's basically just a nasty discoloration now. The right leg however, just developed the problem last week, and it hit suddenly and painfully.

Cellulitis is, in layman terms, Water retention caused by being overweight. The water is stored in the cells of the body, moreso than normal, causing them to swell, turn a redish, brown color, and become painful and warm.

It's similar to Gout, except that Gout is more based on Diabeties, or other sugar/insulin based issues, from what I understand.

As for a Geek Diet, I have found that Geeks leave a bitter aftertaste, unless properly prepared. :)

 
At 6:23 PM, Blogger Sean said...

Sammy,

You know we're all wishing you the best, buddy.

I hope you have the success you strive for.

--Sean

 
At 9:03 PM, Blogger Ladienyte said...

Much, much luck and best wishes to you Sam. You know we're all here cheering you on! You can do it! You know how I know that? You've got heart ... AND, frankly, you quit smoking. Wish I could say the same. That takes some of the most amazing willpower in the world. If you could do that hon, you can do anything. I am certain of it! *hugs*

~K

 
At 9:15 AM, Blogger Boulder Dude said...

Ouch, looked it up on Wikipedia.

Here is to hoping that you get everything takencare of and get to the weight you desire. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home