Sam's place

Monday, March 13, 2006

MIxed feelings...

My birthday was last monday. Not necessarily a big deal, as it has happened on the 6th of March every year, for four decades now, so I am somewhat used to it. Was happy that no big suprise party, or shin-dig was done on the weekend preceding it, or this last one, as I was never big on parties for myself anyway. Several people, Sean, Kate, Ana, Stan, and Avocet's-player, to name the ones off hand I remember, wished me a happy B-day when we got the Munchies crew together.

At work on Tuesday, the 7th, I received no less than 3 b-day cakes from employees of the warehouse I am security for. Having been there for 8.5 years, they remembered and brought them in. That was a pleasant suprise, since the people just walked up, set their cake on the desk, said 'happy Birthday' and went back to work. (1 Chocolate, with Vanilla icing/1 Vanilla with Strawberry icing/1 Red Velvet with Vanilla icing).

Needless to say, there ended up being a small improvised party in the break room, during the lunch period, with cake as the main dessert. ( I was greedy about the Red Velvet one. That was not for public consumption). It was a good day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home