Sam's place

Friday, May 25, 2007

Less is , sometimes, more.

Last Friday, an hour before I am supposed to leave work for the day, my boss comes in from a meeting with 'his' boss and says..."It was nice working with ya, Sam."

Needless to say, I'm going..."??W.T.??" to myself. So, in comes the other boss, who says for me to come into the conference room with him. I looked around and shrugged once, all the while wondering what I may have done to have this happen.

In the office, he has me sit and begins asking me 'what would you', and 'how would you' questions...Like, "What would you do to cover hours, if someone called off from work?" and various other boss-type stuff.

Long story short, I was offered the position of Site Supervisor for the security team in the building that is across the street from the one I have been working in since Dec. I am working 6AM-1PM, Monday through Friday. (35 hours per week) I also got such a nice raise, that I will be making more now, than I did when I worked 40 hours weekly.

A week later and I am pretty much up to speed on the 'who do I?' and the 'when do I?' part of the new site and how it runs. I have worked with all the personnel I am supervisor of, before...so there is none of that, 'I'm the new guy' nervousness one has when they get a new job and know no one in the place.

All in all, it's been a fairly nice week, and I am starting to look forward to going to work again. Something I haven't felt in a while.

4 Comments:

At 9:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ohhhh.... congrats on the promotion, Sammy!!! *big hug* That is sooooo terrific!!! I hope everything continues to flow smoothly, and I'm glad that things are looking and feeling good for you right now... :) *HUG*

 
At 11:44 AM, Blogger Lela said...

Woot! Congratulations again, darlin! :)

 
At 11:56 PM, Blogger Boulder Dude said...

Woot and Huzzah! Sammy! :)

 
At 8:50 PM, Blogger Cephas said...

Awesome news, man! Congrats, Bossman!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home